The lady eats a strawberry.

Would You Eat What Mold Doesn’t Want?

You probably do all the time. With the sprawling world-wide food industry, there is a rush to pasteurize, preserve, and de-contaminate everything so that it can be shipped farther and kept on the shelf longer for maximum sales — not for maximum health.

The problem is that those processes often don’t just kill bad bacteria, but also damage or destroy a staggering proportion of the nutrients and vitamins, and what your body tries to digest is the remains: a dead food.

Take pasteurization, which is a process used on milk, fruit juices, and other products to kill bacteria. Basically, the substance to be pasteurized is quickly raised to a very high temperature, then lowered. The high temperature kills bad bacteria, if there are any,but it also destroys a lot of the best parts of the product.

And what about preservatives? They stop mold and other life from growing. In other words, they stop a living thing from living.

Think about it. You’ve gotten rid of the mold — but the thing that killed it is still in your food. Do you think eating something that kills a living thing is good for you?

The result is that we fear ‘untreated foods,’ and instead opt for something that even single-celled life forms literally can’t touch or else they’ll die. Does that sound like a good trade-off?

Do you want to eat something that mold won’t touch? You shouldn’t. It’s another reason why fruits and other natural foods are a good choice. The reason molds are able to thrive on fruit, when they are present, is that fruit offers a whole array of nutrients perfect for the support and enhancement of life.

This conundrum is very easily resolved. Instead of nuking your food for fear that some life form should infiltrate it and make you sick, just avoid the fruit with mold growing all over it.

And if that mold should start to chow down before you do, just grab a different piece of fruit and know that what you’re eating is so incredibly healthy and nutritive that if you don’t take advantage of it, even in your own home, something tiny and undetectable will literally come along and take it from you.

Have you ever seen mold growing in soda? Obviously not, since it is incapable of supporting life.

By the way, “incapable of supporting life” should be something of a turn-off, nutritionally speaking.

So next time you’re looking for a meal, ask yourself: “Is this good enough for mold to eat?” You owe your body at least that.

Leave a Comment